THA Group’s story began in 1995 with the formation of THA Services, a management corporation, and the purchase of Island Health Care, a family-owned home care company on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Since then, we have continued to expand the services we provide, as well as the areas we serve. We opened offices in Beaufort and Bluffton, and crossed over into Georgia to serve Chatham and Effingham counties when we purchased Visiting Nurse Health System of Georgia. We were then awarded a Certificate of Need for Bryan and Bulloch counties by the state of Georgia. We applied for and were granted hospice licenses for nine counties in Georgia and five in South Carolina. We had one of the first Georgia area licenses for Private Home Care and developed a new technology-driven model of virtual care, RightHealth®, which can serve patients and clients anywhere.
THA Group is the only locally owned and operated home health care provider that offers a full continuum of in-home care services for all needs and ages. Our group of companies includes:
- Island Health Care, which offers skilled nursing, therapy (physical, occupational and speech-language), solutions for illness or chronic conditions and palliation;
- Island Hospice, a non-profit 501(c)3 end-of-life program;
- Independent Life at Home, which offers private duty assistance with activities of daily living and respite care, enabling independence at home;
- Ideal Aging, which offers eldercare management and aging in place consultation; and
- RightHealth®, which delivers technology solutions for population health management. As the first home health company in the region to implement telemonitoring (remote vital sign monitoring) as a standard of care, as well as being a continually recognized expert in telehealth, we use technology to achieve the highest quality of care for our clients – efficiently and effectively.
From our Customer Call Center to our 24/7 Triage Nurses, we work around the clock, touching the lives of hundreds of people each day. In addition to being named to OCS HomeCare Elite™, an annual compilation of the most successful home care providers in the country, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services consistently place THA Group’s Island Health Care among the top 20 percent of Quality Home Health Care Providers in the nation. THA Group was founded with a commitment to serve our community, and we remain true to our mission to provide “Health Care • For Life • At Home.”
In celebration of our 25 years of service, as well as Home Health & Hospice Month in November, we are excited to present our new TV commercial.