Physician prescribed home health care
THA Group’s Island Health Care provides medical home health care services. Receiving care in the home is particularly helpful for people who are recovering from a serious illness/injury, surgery or after a hospital stay.
Our care team includes:
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech-Language Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Home Health Aides
Examples of the medical home health care services we provide include:
- Therapy and care after joint replacement surgery
- Wound and ostomy care
- Medication management
- Daily vital sign monitoring with nurse oversight
- Assistance with managing chronic conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, etc
- Therapy to “recondition” after surgery or a long illness
- Fall risk assessments and home safety evaluations
- IV therapy / Infusion services
- Nutrition therapy / Assistance with feeding tubes
- Injections / Blood draw / Protime testing
- Foley catheter care and maintenance
- After surgery care
- Palliative care
- Pain and symptom management
A client’s care team makes scheduled visits to provide care and rehabilitation services based on the client’s plan of treatment. In addition, a nurse is on call 24 hours a day should a client need help between visits.
A client’s care team makes scheduled visits to provide care and rehabilitation services based on the client’s plan of treatment. Also, there is a 24-hour on call nurse should a client need help between visits.
Receiving Medical Home Health Care
A physician must order medical home health care and the client must be homebound.
Island Health Care is a well-known home care provider among area hospitals and physicians. Clients have the right to choose their home health care provider and often ask for us by name or at the recommendation of their physician. To arrange for home health care services, ask your hospital discharge planner or physician for a referral to Island Health Care. Please call 1.888.THA.HOME for an appointment with an Island Health Care professional.
Covering the cost for medical home health care
THA Group’s Island Health Care is an approved provider for Medicare, Medicaid, and accepts most commercial insurance*. Private pay is also accepted for services.
*Please call our intake department at 888.842.4663 to confirm that THA Group’s Island Health Care is in your insurance provider’s network.