Eldercare planning and management
THA Group’s Ideal Aging provides eldercare management services for clients who may be dealing with illness, disability or age-related factors. Our services allow clients to enjoy an enhanced quality of life and gives their families greater peace of mind.
Our Care Team includes:
- Geriatric Care Managers (GCM)
- A Geriatric Care Manager is a healthcare professional who has specialized knowledge and experience with issues impacting the physical, emotional, cognitive, financial and social well-being of the aging population. The GCM works collaboratively with clients and families to personalize the right care plan and resources.
- Medical Social Workers
- Support Staff
Examples of Ideal Aging Services include:
- Comprehensive assessment, care plan and recommendations
- Non-medical and medical care coordination
- Home safety evaluations
- Client/family support during life transitions and challenges
- Health care liaison between client, family and healthcare providers
- Accompaniment to medical appointments
- Physician care coordination
- Guidance and referrals for alternative living arrangements
- Education on aging-in-place options and community resources
- Assistance with the paperwork for Medicare, insurance benefits, prescription plans, etc
- Assessment of potential financial/legal needs such as Estate Planning, Power of Attorney and Living Will
There are benefits for both the client and family. For the client, there is a stronger sense of independence in playing an active part in his/her care. For the family, the stress of caregiving is reduced, while knowledge and understanding in planning for a loved one’s care needs are increased. A true benefit of these services is peace of mind for the long distance caregiver in knowing their loved one has a trusted local resource for care needs and planning.
Arranging for Eldercare Management Services
Ideal Aging services can be accessed by the client or family. Many times, family caregivers consult with a Geriatric Care Manager to sort out important decisions and learn about resources to plan for the future. Ideal Aging services do not require a physician’s order. However, a GCM often works closely with physicians and healthcare providers to ensure the health care needs of the client are being met. Please call 1.888.THA.HOME for an appointment with an Ideal Aging professional.
Covering the Cost for Eldercare Management
THA Group’s Ideal Aging accepts long term care insurance and private pay.