Knowledge. Empowerment. Quality of Life.
Palliation ChoicesSM: a team of qualified specialists who collaborate with patients and families to design customized plans of care addressing physical, emotional and spiritual needs, leading to comfort and peace.
What is Palliative Care?
Palliative care focuses on helping a patient manage the symptoms and stress of a serious disease or condition, while assisting patients and families in the exploration of their medical health care options. The goal of palliative care is to empower patients and their families to make choices that lead to the highest possible quality of life. Physical symptoms management requires integrating psychological and spiritual support to arrive at the care plan that best meets their needs.
What is involved in Palliative Care?
- Comprehensive and customized care management to coordinate and facilitate services
- Pain and symptom management
- Supportive, culturally appropriate services for patients and families
- Assistance with legal and ethical issues, including advance care planning regarding decisions about future care
- Systems for communication among individuals, patients, families and program staff
- Focus on comfort and emotional and spiritual needs as life nears its end
Principles of Palliation ChoicesSM
- Palliative care focuses on symptom management while educating patients and families on available care options.
- Palliative care holistically integrates psychological and spiritual aspects of care.
- Palliative care offers a support system to help patients and families make care choices to live the highest possible quality of life and to cope with a serious illness.
- The individual patient and family are in the center of the care paradigm and are the ultimate decision makers and leaders of the care planning process.
- Palliative care can be provided in out-patient, in-patient, and in-home settings.
Who is the Primary Care Team for Palliation ChoicesSM?
- Physicians Board Certified in Palliation
- Advanced Practice Nurses (NPs)
- Patient’s Physicians
- Medical Social Workers
- Clinical Spiritual Counselors
- Hospital/Facility Professional Staff
What services are available in addition to the Primary Care Team?
- 24/7 Remote Monitoring and On-Call RN Services and Telephonic Consulting
- Health Coaches for reinforcement of self-management and assistance with monitoring the effectiveness of symptom management
- Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapists
- Certified Wound Specialists
- Home Health Aides
- Complementary Therapies (massage, music and art therapies, other special programs)
For more information, call 1.888.842.4663.