Come join our team! A premier in-home care provider committed to distinctive quality and unparalleled customer service in all aspects of our business. We are committed and dedicated to the success of our employees. We believe that each individual & group’s professional success ensures the success of THA Group. As part of our team, you will discover that the pursuit of excellence is integral to a successful career with THA Group. We believe the satisfaction you receive as an employee is tied to the value you provide to your clients.
Currently we have a Full-time Occupational Therapist position available in the Bluffton, Beaufort, Hilton Head Island, SC and surrounding area.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides skilled occupational therapy services to patients on an intermittent basis in the home, in accordance with physicians’ orders and the overall plan of care. Responsible for planning, evaluating, implementing and revising specific treatment programs for individual patients according to the principles and practices of occupational therapy. Delegates responsibilities as permissible by law in accordance with COTA guidelines and accreditation requirements for Occupational Therapy providers.
· Performs initial and ongoing patient assessments to determine level of functioning, including OASIS assessments at appropriate points in time.
· Develops and revises the plan of care in consultation with the physician and other care team members.
· Implements the plan of care, continuously monitoring progress toward established goals in order to ensure quality/continuity of services and to facilitate discharge planning.
· Evaluates equipment needs as applicable.
· Evaluates outcomes of care; prepares clinical and progress notes and plans for discharge as indicated.
· Promptly communicates significant findings, problems, changes in the patient’s condition, and/or environmental/safety concerns to the Lead Therapist or Patient Advocate as appropriate.
· Recommends revisions to the plan of care based on identified patient care needs, safety considerations, and progress toward goals and appropriate utilization of community resources.
· Documents observations and interventions in accordance with agency policy and procedure; submits documentation in a timely manner so that the medical record will remain current at all times.
· Advises and consults with the family and other agency personnel as applicable.
· Supervises and serves as an expert resource to the Occupational Therapy Assistant as appropriate.
· Supervises home health aides as appropriate.
· Ensures that the services delivered to patients meet quality and regulatory standards.
· Participates in in-service programs as applicable.
· Upholds the philosophy, mission, values and administrative policies of the organization; demonstrates an ongoing commitment to maintaining professional skills and competency.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Traits:
· Demonstrated attention to patient-centered care
· Dedicated team player
· Ability to adhere to organizational policies and procedures
· Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE:
· Licensed to practice as an Occupational Therapist in the State of Georgia. Dual license in Georgia and South Carolina is preferred.
· Current BCLS certification.
· A minimum of two (2) years experience as an Occupational Therapist in an acute care or outpatient setting.
· Previous experience in home care preferred.
· Reliable transportation with proof of liability insurance, valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Job Type: Full-time
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to Talent Management, 3 W. Perry Street, Savannah, GA 31401 or email@example.com.