Come join our team! We are a continuously growing, locally owned and operated Home Health, Hospice, Private and Palliative Care company headquartered in beautiful Savannah, Georgia, with offices serving Coastal Georgia and South Carolina. We’re CHAP accredited and known for our high quality of care and for our ability to provide a continuum of care. We are also an industry leader in the use of technology to support quality outcomes, reduce rehospitalizations, and empower our patients toward self-management.
We have an immediate opening for a Licensed Master of Social Worker (MSW) and Volunteer Coordinator. Our Medical Social Worker and Volunteer Coordinator provides social service assessments and services in accordance with physician orders, plan of care and IDT for patients in GA and SC. Screens, recruits and trains prospective volunteers for all settings and position descriptions and is responsible for the assignment and ongoing supervision of all volunteers.
This position is Full Time: Monday- Friday 8:30 am – 5pm.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill level necessary to assess patient’s/family’s psychosocial, educational, financial, environmental and physical needs and develops a Plan of Care in accordance with the findings and in consultation with the physician and other care team members.
- Makes an initial evaluation and evaluates the patient/family’s psychosocial needs during each subsequent visit.
- Communicates significant findings, problems, changes in condition or environment to the State Director, Physician, and other personnel involved with patient care.
- Documents baseline assessment accurately and thoroughly by system; completed and signed per policy; identifies, documents and prioritizes patient care, patient teaching and discharge needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in identifying, reporting and documenting problems, adverse reactions or possible complications related to patient care.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the Plan of Care to ensure quality and continuity of care.
- Verifies the Plan of Care prior to each visit and provides care according the physician’s orders, assessment and established standards and guidelines; initiates and revises the Plan of Care in response to patient care issues.
- Performs appropriate skilled services/interventions in accordance with accepted standards of practice and certified by patient’s physician and the IDT.
- Counsels and instructs the patient and family regarding psychosocial needs and provides community resources.
- Assures the continuity of patient care and coordination of services through delivery of quality care.
- Maintains communication with clinical staff providing updates and changes in schedules, patient data or needs, physician orders or special instructions.
- Participates in interdisciplinary patient care conferences, offering appropriate clinical suggestions to support coordination of services. Plans for discharge as indicated.
- Assists other team members in understanding the social and emotional factors related to the patient’s health.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes that accurately indicate continuing communication and coordination of services with the physician, other interdisciplinary team members and patient/family/caregiver.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills by completing patient assignment and documentation within 24 hours and arrives to appointments on time as scheduled.
- Establishes harmonious working relationships with internal and external consumers.
- Serves on Hospital and/or Agency committees as assigned. Participates in the evaluation of systems and services. Plans ways to solve problems and to make improvements.
- Follows all environmental and safety guidelines/standards per home care policy and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency procedures and responds appropriately.
- Recognizes and reports life threatening situations and responds appropriately.
- Ensures that all clinical notes, supply log/visit logs are accurate and turned into the office according to policy.
- Monitors and Demonstrates knowledge of requirements for third party payors by identifying and reporting potential payment/coverage issues to the State Director.
- Strives to continually improve knowledge base through individual research, reading, attendance at professional workshops/conferences, CEU’s, in-services and professional organizations.
- Identifies and develops volunteers and volunteer leadership to leverage and enhance support for Hospice processes, programs, and development activities.
- Promotes Hospice services and volunteer programs through social media, educational activities, and other venues as appropriate; participates in events such as health fairs, volunteer fairs, etc.
- Coordinates volunteer recruitment, training and education, staffing, and scheduling to ensure regulatory compliance, including solicitation of volunteers, candidate interviewing and screening, background checks and drug screenings (in collaboration with Talent Management), training and orientation, matches assignments based on volunteer interest and client/program needs, volunteer recognition, and evaluation of volunteers.
- Develops new Volunteer Programs and Services to enhance services by identifying and establishing relationships.
- Compiles monthly activity reports and provides oversight to ensure accurate record keeping with respect to volunteer database, bereavement communications, and other activities as required.
- Provides support for fundraising events and facilitates development opportunities through grants, donations, etc.
- Provides updates for Hospice Board of Directors and committee meetings.
- Performs other duties as required and/or assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Traits:
- Express verbal and written communication in a clear, positive, and cooperative manner.
- Contribution to a positive work climate and to the overall team effort of the department in a manner, which exemplifies the values, and philosophy of the organization.
- Adherence to organizational policies and procedures, including attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstration of environmental awareness in work area and organization.
- Excellent human relation skills; time management and organization skills, able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality regarding all patient, staff and Agency information.
- Provide positive, supportive communication to patients, families, visitors, physician and other personnel; attention to guest relations and patient focused.
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to cooperate while working with others or in place of others.
Educational and/or Work Experience:
- Master’s degree in social work from an accredited school of social work by the Council of Social Work Education. Must hold a current state license as a Licensed Master’s Social Worker (LMSW) in state of Georgia and South Carolina.
- Current CPR certification prior to providing patient care services.
- Two years’ experience as a Maser Social Worker in an acute care setting.
- One-year experience in home care, preferred.
- Reliable transportation with proof of insurance, valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to Talent Management, 3 W. Perry Street, Savannah, GA 31401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.