Come join our team! We are a continuously growing, locally owned and operated Home Health and Hospice company headquartered in beautiful Savannah, Georgia, with offices serving Coastal Georgia and South Carolina. We’re known for our high quality of care and for our ability to provide a continuum of care through our home health, hospice, private duty, and geriatric care management service lines. We are also an industry leader in the use of technology to support quality outcomes, reduce rehospitalizations, and empower our patients toward self-management.
We have an immediate opening for a Full-time Home Health Registered Nurse in Chatham and Effingham County, and the surrounding areas. This position is Full time; Monday-Friday and required on-call rotation on the evenings and weekends.
Our RN’s serves as a professional member of the health care team to provide skilled nursing care to home health patients under the oversight of a Care Manager. Responsible for assessing patient and family needs in order to promote clinical outcomes that are consistent with the established plan of care.
- Performs Start-Of-Care visits, post-hospital evaluations, patient re-certifications, and discharges as assigned. Completes required OASIS documentation in a timely manner and uses the nursing process to monitor patient progress towards goals in order to optimize clinical outcomes.
- Submits nursing notes, visit logs, and physician orders in a timely manner. Initiates verbal reports on patients as needed in order to promote effective communication and ensure continuity of care.
- Provides skilled nursing care and instruction to patients and/or caregivers as directed by the plan of care.
- Collaborates with other members of the clinical team to implement, update, and evaluate the plan of care for assigned patients from admission through discharge.
- Initiating the plan of care and revising as necessary
- Providing those services and/or treatments requiring substantial and specialized nursing skills.
- Counseling the client and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Initiating appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Coordination of services.
- Referral to other services as needed.
- Informing the physician and other staff of changes in the client’s needs.
- Supervising LPN/LVN and paraprofessionals providing services.
- Assigning home health aide to a specific patient.
- Participating in in-service programs.
- Planning for the discharge from service.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Traits:
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of patient-centered care
- Exhibits good verbal and written communication skills
- Contributes to a positive work climate and to the overall team effort of the department in a manner that exemplifies the values and philosophy of the organization
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Demonstrates environmental awareness in work area and organization
Educational and/or Work Experience:
- Registered Nurse with current Georgia state licensure; B.S.N. preferred-Compact licensure in Georgia and in South Carolina must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- One to two years experience in nursing; specific experience in home health strongly preferred
- CPR certified
- Reliable transportation with proof of insurance, current driver’s license and good driving record
Job Type: Full-time
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to Talent Management, 3 W. Perry Street, Savannah, GA 31401 or email@example.com.