Come join our team! We are a continuously growing, locally owned and operated Home Health, Hospice, Private and Palliative Care company headquartered in beautiful Savannah, Georgia, with offices serving Coastal Georgia and South Carolina. We’re CHAP accredited and known for our high quality of care and for our ability to provide a continuum of care. We are also an industry leader in the use of technology to support quality outcomes, reduce rehospitalizations, and empower our patients toward self-management.
We have an immediate opening for a Home Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). Our LPN’s serve as a professional member of the health care team to provide skilled nursing care to home health patients under the oversight of a Home Health Registered Nurse (RN). Responsible for assessing patient and family needs to promote clinical outcomes that are consistent with the established plan of care.
This position is Full Time: Monday- Friday 8:30 am – 5 pm with an evening and weekend on-call rotation.
· Provides skilled nursing services in accordance with agency policies and under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
· Ensures quality and safe delivery of home health care services.
· Assists in assessment of patient’s emotional and physical needs, then plans, implements, and documents nursing care, through clinical and progress notes, under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
· Assists the Registered Nurse or physician in performing specialized procedures and duties
· Assists the Registered Nurse in carrying out the plan of care
· Observes the patient’s condition and reports changes of condition and the need for additional nursing measures to the RN.
· Follows all regulations, policies, and procedures as outlined by the agency, Medicare, federal and state regulations.
· Participates in orientation of new employees, in-service training, case conferences, and meetings as applicable.
· Assists the patient with personal care, along with basic nursing care as appropriate.
· Assists the client in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
· Maintains professional knowledge and skill continually through attendance and participation in continuing education and in-service classes.
· Completes all necessary documentation and submits according to policy on a daily basis.
· Ensures the patients and/or caregivers understand the patient’s rights and responsibilities.
· Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Traits:
· Exhibits excellent communication and patient care skills
· Contributes to a positive work climate and to the overall team effort in a manner which exemplifies the values and philosophy of the organization
· Demonstrates good attendance and punctuality
· Ability to adapt to variable home environments and hygiene standards
· Ability to be self-directing, with effective utilization of resources when indicated
· Ability to establish priorities and deal effectively with stress
· Ability to lead a team of providers, coordinate work assignments and assume shared accountability for patient outcomes
· Ability to work under pressure with time constraints
Educational and/or Work Experience:
· Licensed Practical Nurse with current Georgia state licensure; B.S.N. preferred-Compact licensure in Georgia and in South Carolina must be obtained within 90 days of hire
· One to two years’ experience in nursing; specific experience in home health or hospice strongly preferred
· CPR certified
· Reliable transportation with proof of insurance, current driver’s license and good driving record
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $21.00 /hour
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to Talent Management, 3 W. Perry Street, Savannah, GA 31401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.